Episode 29: Hot to Transition into a Career in Fitness with Erika Shannon
I am so excited today because I got the pleasure to recently speak with Erika Shannon on this week’s episode of Life After Cheer!
Erika has been a seasoned fitness expert for over 16 years. Today, she shares her advice and expertise for those looking for what’s next after cheer and how to create a career in fitness!
Tune into the conversation with Erika to learn more, such as:
- [12:11] If you have a passion for something, you can’t deny yourself of that
- [24:03] If you are transitioning into a career in fitness, go to the movement type that makes you feel good; don’t go after something that will hurt you, physically or otherwise
- [36:20] Don’t be a jerk; create your work – if something isn’t happening for you, maybe you need to go out and make something happen for you
CONNECT WITH ERIKA:
Erika is a seasoned fitness expert who has been in the industry for over 16 years. A former professional dancer, Erika got her BFA in Musical Theatre at the University of Michigan. She performed worldwide for several years before becoming a theatrical General Manager. She found her way to fitness when she became the General Manager of Teacher training for Patricia Moreno’s intenSati method, eventually becoming a fitness instructor herself. She grew into fitness production and content strategy as the industry landscape shifted and moved toward streaming and connected fitness. Erika has worked for Equinox, SoulCycle, Daily Burn, MYXfitness, and Beachbody and is driven by her passion for instilling connection and confidence through the power of movement.
- Apply now to get CHEERFIT Certified: cheerfittraining.com/getcertified
- Not part of the SQUAD yet? Join HERE: cheerfittraining.com/squad
- Click HERE and text us at (908) 388-9139 for weekly workout + motivation tips delivered straight to your phone
- All things CHEERFIT: www.cheerfittraining.com
FOLLOW CHEERFIT: instagram.com/cheerfittraining
Check out Ultima and use code CHEER20 for 20% off! www.ultimareplenisher.com/
Don’t forget to leave a review! We love to read them — THANK YOU!